04/03/15: Consumer alert: Customers report issues with private vehicle registration renewal companies

April, 3, 2015
Brenna Haggar, Manager of Public Affairs
(727) 902-9666

Consumer alert

Customers report issues with private vehicle registration renewal companies

CLEARWATER, FL, APRIL, 3, 2015 ­– Consumer alert, be cautious of private registration renewal agencies. The only official vehicle registration renewal websites in Florida are offered through local tax collector offices or the State’s Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.

“Our office has been receiving complaint calls from residents that renewed their vehicle registrations online through a private vendor, etagsdirect.com, but have not received their renewal sticker. Unfortunately, we cannot assist these customers because their registration was ordered from a private vendor,” said Diane Nelson, Pinellas County Tax Collector. “I want to remind residents to contact their local tax collector for official renewal options. ”

The Pinellas County Tax Collector’s website is www.taxcollect.com.

For more information, please call the Pinellas County Tax Collector’s office at (727) 464-7777 or email taxcollector@taxcollect.com.

ABOUT THE PINELLAS COUNTY TAX COLLECTOR¹S OFFICE: The Pinellas County Tax Collector¹s Office is a constitutionally elected office. Responsibilities include collecting and distributing state and local taxes and providing driver license and motor vehicle registration services to Pinellas County residents. The Office received the 2013 Governor¹s Sterling Award for performance excellence. For more information visit www.taxcollect.com/newsroom.

# # #


Pinellas County Tax Collector
All locations open M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.


Facebook for PCTC Twitter for PCTC YouTube for PCTC

Resident Tax Tips

Subscribe to receive Tax Tips

Disclaimer: Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.