Partial Tax Payments
Florida law allows taxpayers to make partial payments on property taxes for the current year only. Partial payments cannot be made for delinquent taxes. No partial payments can be made after March 31.
Taxpayers who make partial payments will forfeit all discounts applied to early payments. Additionally, the minimum amount accepted for each partial payment is $100, and there is a $10 processing fee for each payment. All taxes must be paid by March 31 to avoid becoming delinquent, at which point interest and additional fees will be added to the remaining balance. If the balance is not paid by May 31, a tax certificate will be sold.
Points to remember
- Partial payments forfeit all discounts.
- The minimum amount for each payment is $100.
- There is a $10 processing fee for each payment.
- It is the responsibility of the taxpayer to maintain the records for the balance due.
- The total tax due must be paid by March 31 to avoid becoming delinquent.
- March 31st is the last day a partial payment can be made.
Click here to download the 2016 Partial Payment Application Form.