Why Wait? New Online Appointment System Helps You Skip the Line at the Pinellas County Tax Collector’s Office
PINELLAS COUNTY, FL – Pinellas County Tax Collector Charles W. Thomas just launched a new mobile-optimized online appointment system. With nearly 1 million visitors to its offices in 2018, appointments are an easy way to save time with your next Tax Collector transaction. Appointments can be scheduled up to 90 days in advance and are available for the following services:
• Learner’s permits
• Computer-based knowledge tests
• Behind-the-wheel driving tests
• Driver licenses and Florida ID cards
• Commercial driver licenses
• Vehicle title transfers
• Disabled parking permits
• Concealed weapons licenses
• New Florida resident vehicle registration and driver license transfers
The new mobile-optimized appointment system has several upgrades. For example, customers can easily reschedule or cancel an appointment by searching their email address.
“Your time is valuable. While we enjoy serving you in our offices, we don’t want to keep you waiting. Our new appointment system will help us control customer flow and manage schedules to better meet your needs,” said Thomas.
In addition to appointments, here’s a look at Thomas’ other time-saving tips:
• Avoid office visits in the days surrounding federal holidays, when offices are closed. The Tax Collector served a staggering 5,500 customers per day in its offices during the first week of January, following its New Year’s closure.
• Mondays and Fridays are typically the busiest days. Offices tend to be busiest in the late morning and early afternoon.
• Know before you go. Current wait times for each office location are posted online.
• Bring the right stuff. Some transactions have specific documentation requirements. Avoid having to make multiple visits by checking the requirements ahead of time at taxcollect.com.
• Pay online. Many services are available online, such as property taxes, registration renewals, and driver license renewals for drivers who are already REAL ID compliant.
# # #
ABOUT THE PINELLAS COUNTY TAX COLLECTOR’S OFFICE: The Pinellas County Tax Collector’s Office is a constitutionally elected office. Responsibilities include collecting and distributing state and local taxes and providing driver license and motor vehicle registration services to Pinellas County residents. For more information, visit taxcollect.com.