Select Pinellas County Tax Collector Offices Reopen Friday
Call Center, North County office remain closed
CLEARWATER, FL — Most Pinellas County Tax Collector offices will reopen on Friday, September 15 at 8 a.m. The Call Center and North County office (29399 U.S. Highway 19 N., Suite 100, Clearwater, FL 33761) will remain closed due to intermittent power outages. Customers will be unable to reach the office by phone until further notice.
The following offices will be open this Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Gulf to Bay – 1663 Gulf to Bay Blvd., Clearwater, FL 33755
- Mid County – 13025 Starkey Rd., Largo, FL 33773
- Skyway – 1067 62nd Ave. S., St. Petersburg, FL 33705
- Courthouse – This office does not process driver license or motor vehicle transactions. – 315 Court St., 3rd Floor, Clearwater, FL 33756
- South County – This office does not offer driver license exam testing or road tests. – 1800 66th St. N., St. Petersburg, FL 33710
Tax Collector offices were closed for a week due to Hurricane Irma. We anticipate offices will be busier than usual when they reopen and in the coming weeks. Many of our services are offered online at taxcollect.com. You may be able to avoid an office visit altogether. Online services include:
- Driver license renewals and address changes (if already REAL ID compliant)
- Registration renewals
- Tourist Development Tax payments (due September 20)
- Property Tax installment payments (due September 30)
Certain fees may be waived for residents impacted by Hurricane Irma. For example, if your driver license or tag expired while offices were closed (September 8 to 14), you will not have to pay a delinquent fee. Also, people who lost their driver license, ID card, motor vehicle title, or registration due to the storm will not have to pay service fees for replacements.
ABOUT THE PINELLAS COUNTY TAX COLLECTOR’S OFFICE: The Pinellas County Tax Collector’s Office is a constitutionally elected office. Responsibilities include collecting and distributing state and local taxes and providing driver license and motor vehicle registration services to Pinellas County residents. The Office received the 2013 Governor’s Sterling Award and the 2016 Governor’s Sterling Sustained Excellence Award for performance excellence. For more information visit www.taxcollect.com/news.