Pinellas County Tax Collector Service Updates
The health and safety of our customers and employees is a top priority. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and are following recommendations from local, state, and national officials. Below is the most updated information regarding our operations.
Pinellas County Tax Collector Operations as of August 7, 2020 at 2:18 p.m.
Effective Monday, July 6th, customers and employees are required to wear a face mask while inside any Pinellas Tax Collector office. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
RIGHT NOW, WE ARE SERVING PINELLAS COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY. AN APPOINTMENT AND PROOF OF RESIDENCY ARE REQUIRED.
Our appointments fill up quickly. Please check back often for availability or use our online services. PLEASE NOTE: Appointment availability is the same online and over the phone. Click here to make an appointment.
Customers are required to wear face masks to protect the health and safety of themselves and others.
The lobby is open to a limited number of customers and the 6 ft social distancing guideline must be followed at all times. Prior to entering the facility, customers will be asked a series of health questions and anyone experiencing a fever will not be permitted to enter. Only the customer doing business with the Tax Collector’s Office will be permitted in the building.
We strongly encourage our customers to conduct business online or by mail when possible.
Serving You Online
Online services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Most common transactions can be completed online. We recommend paying by eCheck when applicable to avoid additional fees. Credit card payments are subject to a convenience fee regulated by a third-party vendor.
- Pay Property Taxes
- Renew Driver License
- Renew Vehicle and Vessel Registrations
- File and Pay Tourist Development Tax
Self-Service Vehicle Registration Kiosks
Renew your vehicle registration at self-service kiosks located in some of our offices and select Publix locations throughout the county. Using touch screen technology, the kiosk allows you to pay by credit card and get your vehicle registration and decal in less than two minutes. Voice prompts and written instructions in English or Spanish guide you through the process, making it easy to use. There is a nominal 2.3% convenience fee associated with the transaction.
Visit our Self-Service Kiosks page for locations and FAQs .
Serving You By Mail
If your transaction cannot be handled online, we can assist you by mail. Please refer to our list of mailing addresses to prevent processing delays. Please note, throughout this unprecedented time, we are processing title transactions through the mail for Pinellas County residents only.
Drop Box Options:
Items can be placed in our outside drop boxes at the below locations:
29399 US Highway 19 North, Suite 100
Clearwater, FL 33761
13025 Starkey Road
Largo, FL 33773
Gulf to Bay
1665 Gulf to Bay Blvd
Clearwater, FL 33755
2500 34th St N
St. Petersburg, FL 33713
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and follow CDC guidelines to protect our customers and employees while serving our community. We encourage customers to utilize our website to complete transactions when possible.
If you call our customer service center, please understand we are experiencing higher than normal call volumes resulting in long hold times. We appreciate your patience as we work diligently to serve you as quickly as possible.
- Driver’s licenses and state ID cards
- Commercial driver’s licenses (excluding hazmat endorsement)
- Written driving tests
- Vehicle, vessel and mobile home tag and title services
- Road tests – North County only
- The State has a list of approved 3rd party testing locations offering this Road Tests. All Florida Safety Institute LLC, www.allfloridasafetyinstitute.com, is located in Pinellas County. You can view the full list of options here: https://www.flhsmv.gov/driver-license…/driver-license-exams/
Vehicle, vessel, and mobile home registration renewals, property tax payments, and disabled parking placard applications must be processed in the following manner:
- Registrations can be renewed online, by phone, through the mail, or placed in a drop box.
- Property tax payments can be made online, by phone, through the mail, or placed in a drop box.
- Disabled parking placard applications must go through the mail or be placed in a drop box for processing.
REAL ID Compliance Deadline Extended
Upon direction from President Donald Trump, the Department of Homeland Security has extended the REAL ID enforcement deadline to October 1, 2021.
Although Florida is a nationwide leader in REAL ID compliance, this extension allows us to protect the health and safety of our employees and customers.
CDL Frequently Asked Questions
For additional assistance, contact our customer service center from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 727-464-7777, or send us an email at email@example.com.
Please check back for updates.
Self-Service Options Through the FL Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- Available by Phone 24/7 at 850-617-3000 – Please be prepared to provide your driver license number, Social Security number, title or vehicle identification number:
- Check driver license
- Update insurance
- Pay reinstatement fee after paying ticket
- Check vehicle record
- Get new resident information
- Get information about first license
- Available online at https://services.flhsmv.gov/DLCheck:
- Make an appointment
- Check driver license
- Online insurance update
- Driving school eligibility check
- Social Security number update
- Replace or renew a Florida driver license or identification card
- To replace or renew a registration for a motor vehicle or vessel, or obtain a paper title, please visit https://services.flhsmv.gov/VirtualOffice/
- To perform a vehicle information check, please visit https://services.flhsmv.gov/MVCheckWeb/