Employee Emergency Information
Hurricane Dorian Updates:
UPDATE #4 (09.03.19 10:15 a.m.) — All Pinellas County Tax Collector offices will be open tomorrow, Wednesday, September 4. We look forward to seeing you back at work.
UPDATE #3 (08.30.19 6:00 p.m.) — All Pinellas County Tax Collector offices will be closed on Monday, September 2 and Tuesday, September 3. We are currently scheduled to reopen at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, September 4. Please check back for updates. Thank you.
UPDATE #2 (08.30.19 2:00 p.m.) — You may have questions regarding possible PCTC office closures as Hurricane Dorian approaches Florida. Here are some questions and answers to keep you informed:
Q: Will offices be closing?
A: As you know, offices are closed Monday, Sept. 2 for Labor Day. Pinellas County Emergency Operations and PCTC Management are closely monitoring Hurricane Dorian. A decision regarding any additional office closures has not been made yet. All County departments are in full preparation mode.
Q: When will we know if offices close?
A: Office closure decisions will depend on Hurricane Dorian’s path and progress. Weather-related closures will be communicated in the following ways:
- PCTC Employee Hotline: (727) 464-3683. Call this number to hear a recorded message regarding office closures and team member notifications.
- PCTC Employee Webpage: Visit this site for updates regarding office closures and team member notifications.
- PCTC Employee Blog: Updates and announcements will be posted during regular working hours. Refer to the employee hotline and webpage for updates over the weekend.
- PCTC Phone Tree: Your supervisor/management will make a good faith effort to contact you with closure and opening information. Please make sure that your supervisor has your correct cell phone number.
Q: If offices close, how will I find out when they reopen?
A: We will share reopening information on our Employee Hotline and Employee Webpage and also through the PCTC Phone Tree. It is your responsibility to check these sources. If you are unable to report to work when we reopen, contact your supervisor.
UPDATE #1 (08.30.19 1:23 p.m.) — Pinellas County Emergency Operations and PCTC Management are closely monitoring Hurricane Dorian. Employee safety is one of our top priorities. Do these two things ASAP:
1. Save the PCTC Employee Hotline number (727-464-3683) in your cell phone and write it down. We will update the hotline as the need arises. Hotline messages will also be posted on this webpage for employees who are unable to access a phone. Updates will include information regarding PCTC office closures and team member notifications.
2. Prepare your family and property. Review Pinellas County’s Emergency Management webpage here. Don’t wait to purchase needed supplies such as food, water, gas, and prescriptions. As always, stay tuned to local TV and radio stations for information on the potential impact of any major weather event. Be prepared. Be safe.