Going Out of Business Requirements
A business must obtain a going out of business permit when its activities, including disposal of stock, equipment, and goods, cause the public to believe the business will cease operations.
Permits are issued for 60 continuous days, including weekends and holidays. Permits are neither transferable nor refundable. The following items are required to obtain a permit:
- A completed application
- A copy of your inventory list
- A mock-up of any proposed advertisements
- All business licenses issued to you (to be turned in at the time of application), excluding liquor license
- Application fee of $50.00 payable in cash, money order, or bank check payable to Pinellas County Tax Collector
- Payment for all current, delinquent and estimated tangible personal property taxes
Failure to comply with these requirements constitutes a second-degree misdemeanor. The State Attorney General’s Office will enforce non-compliance.
For more information about going out of business permits, please contact us at 727-464-3409.