The Pinellas County Tax Collector’s Office employs a team of more than 200 professionals in a variety of customer service-related positions. The majority of our employees begin as Customer Service Technicians in one of our branch offices. Customer Service Technician duties may include:
- Processing property tax payments
- Conducting road tests and issuing driver licenses
- Issuing motor vehicle registrations and titles
Successful candidates for employment must be detail-oriented and thorough, have excellent computer skills, have the ability to multitask, and enjoy working with the public in a busy, fast-paced professional office environment. Customer Service Technician positions are part of the classified service and start at $16.32/hour.
Customer Service Technician minimum qualifications include:
- One year experience in an automated office environment, retail sales, or a related customer service/cash handling field; or 1-year college level coursework that includes courses in finance, accounting, business, or computer courses and training; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class E or above Florida Driver License in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and compliant with Florida Statutes 322 (for the administration of road tests).
The Tax Collector’s Office (TCO) offers a variety of benefits, including group life, health (medical, pharmacy, vision) and dental insurance; an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Florida Retirement System (FRS) pension and investment plan; accrued annual leave; 12 paid holidays; tuition reimbursement; reward and recognition programs; a wellness program; and credit union membership.
As part of the Pinellas County Unified Personnel System, applicants wishing to be considered for employment must apply online through the Pinellas County Human Resources Department. From this page, you may search for job openings under the Appointing Authority heading “TCO: Tax Collector” to see if we are currently recruiting for Customer Service Technician or other positions. Occasionally, we have openings for professionals in various support departments, including Human Resources, Budget and Finance, and Technology Services. If no current openings exist, you may complete a general application and monitor that website, subscribe to the RSS feed, or set up Job Alerts to notify you each time a new job is posted, so that you may more easily apply.