Pinellas County Tax Collector Charles W. Thomas Reopens Additional Locations
PINELLAS COUNTY, FL – Pinellas County Tax Collector Charles W. Thomas announces he will reopen additional offices in early June to Pinellas County residents by appointment only. The dates and location details are as follows:
- June 1, 2020
North County Office
29399 US Highway 19 N, Ste 100
Clearwater, FL 33761
- June 3, 2020
Concealed Weapon License Services
Located on the 2nd floor of the North County building
29399 US Highway 19 N, Ste 280
Clearwater, FL 33761
- June 8, 2020
Gulf to Bay Office
1663 Gulf to Bay Blvd
Clearwater, FL 33755
The Mid County branch located at 13025 Starkey Road in Largo reopened in early May and the Main Administrative office located at 315 Court St, 3rd Floor in Clearwater began accepting customers needing to pay property taxes on May 29.
This phased approach is part of the Tax Collector’s business continuity plan focusing on the health and safety of our employees and customers while following CDC guidelines and considering the needs of our community.
Limited services are available at the North County, Gulf to Bay, and Mid County Offices by appointment only. Appointments are not required at the Main Administrative office for customers wanting to pay property taxes. Customers are encouraged to process transactions online or by mail when possible.
To help ensure the health and safety of everyone, various protective measures have been put in place and social distancing guidelines must be adhered to. When arriving for an appointment, customers should be aware of the following:
- Only the customer doing business with the Tax Collector’s Office will be permitted in the building.
- Lobbies will be open to a limited number of customers and the 6 ft social distancing guideline must be adhered to.
- Prior to entering the facility, customers will be asked a series of health questions and anyone experiencing a fever will not be permitted to enter.
Vehicle, vessel, and mobile home registration renewals, property tax payments, and disabled parking placard applications must be processed in the following manner:
- Registrations can be renewed online, by phone, through the mail, or placed in a drop box.
- Property tax payments can be made online, by phone, through the mail, or placed in a drop box. In-person property tax payments can be made at the Main Administrative office only.
- Disabled parking placard applications must go through the mail or be placed in a drop box for processing.
Information regarding drop box locations can be found on our website at www.taxcollect.com/contact-us.
The offices hours are weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except on Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To make an appointment visit www.taxcollect.com. For questions, contact the Tax Collector’s Office at 727-464-7777, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. or email us through our website.
# # #
ABOUT THE PINELLAS COUNTY TAX COLLECTOR’S OFFICE: The Pinellas County Tax Collector’s Office is a constitutionally elected office. Responsibilities include collecting and distributing state and local taxes and providing driver license and motor vehicle registration services to Pinellas County residents. For more information, visit taxcollect.com.