Pinellas County Tax Collector’s Offices Are More Than Meets the Eye This March

Pinellas County, FL – This March, the Pinellas County Tax Collector is on a mission for vision – joining forces with Preserve Vision Florida to raise funds for vision education in our state.
Preserve Vision Florida, the state leader in preserving eyesight, is a non-profit organization that promotes healthy vision through education, service, advocacy, and research. They also assist those who cannot afford eye care services by partnering with physicians and optical retailers to provide free vision screenings.

Pinellas tax collector offices will be raising funds for Preserve Vision through voluntary donations and the sale of vision-related items like lens cloths, sunglasses, and stuffed animals with secret storage for glasses and contact lenses.

The “Bikers Care” Florida motorcycle specialty tag benefits Preserve Vision Florida and funds its mission to promote healthy vision care

Motorcycle customers visiting the offices this month also have the option to switch to the red, white, and blue “Bikers Care” specialty plate – with 40% of the proceeds from plate sales going toward causes that support Floridians with vision-related disabilities (the other 60% go toward other Florida non-profits).

“It’s our privilege to partner with this wonderful Florida cause yet again this year,” said Tax Collector, Charles W. Thomas. “Working with Preserve Vision always seems like a good fit as healthy vision is a critical part of the work that we do – our offices must ensure that everyone on the road is able to pass a vision exam so that our community can be as safe as possible.”

Through the end of March, customers can purchase lens cloths ($1), sunglasses ($5), an auto safety tool ($8), a 7” teddy bear ($10), or a large teddy bear that doubles as a glasses case ($25). Voluntary donations of $1 or more will receive a special thank you gift, so if you’re heading to a tax collector office this March, be sure to ask how you can help.

Each year the Tax Collector’s offices support six Florida non-profits, chosen from submitted applications based on the organization’s mission and local impact. Preserve Vision is the second nonprofit of 2022 following February’s partnership with the Florida Heart Research Foundation.

For more information about Preserve Vision Florida, visit www.pvfla.org. For details about the Tax Collector’s office and services offered, visit www.taxcollect.com.

###

ABOUT THE PINELLAS COUNTY TAX COLLECTOR’S OFFICE: The Pinellas County Tax Collector’s Office is a constitutionally elected office. Responsibilities include collecting and distributing state and local taxes and providing driver license and motor vehicle registration services to Pinellas County residents. For more information, visit taxcollect.com.