NEW! Now you can renew your vehicle registration at self-service kiosks located in some of our offices and select Publix locations throughout the county. Using touch screen technology, the kiosk allows you to pay by credit card and get your vehicle registration and decal in less than two minutes. Voice prompts and written instructions in English or Spanish guide you through the process, making it easy to use. There is a nominal 2.3% convenience fee associated with the transaction.
Please Note: Registration renewals can be renewed at a self-service kiosk only if your registration has NO stops or holds.
Registration renewal self-service kiosks are available at the following locations:
Tax Collector Locations:
- North County – 29399 US Hwy 19 N, Clearwater, FL 33761
- Mid County – 13025 Starkey Rd, Largo, FL 33773
- Gulf to Bay – 1663 Gulf to Bay Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33755
- South County – 2500 34th St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33713
- Park Boulevard Plaza – 4701 Park Blvd N, Pinellas Park, FL 33781
- Bay Pointe Plaza – 5295 34th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33711
- NEW! Tarpon Mall – 40932 US Highway 19 N, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How does the kiosk work?
It’s easy! Just use the touch-screen to enter in your license plate number and the first registered owner’s date of birth, or PIN from
your registration renewal notice. Follow the directions to review your vehicle information and pay for your new decal. The
kiosk will print your receipt and registration immediately. Then take your document(s) and go!
- What forms of payment are accepted?
Credit and debit cards are accepted at the kiosk – AMEX, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa accepted. Only one form of
payment is allowed per transaction. Cash may be an option in the future.
- Is there a fee to use the kiosk?
There is a 2.3% fee to pay by credit or debit card in addition to your renewal cost.
- When can I use a kiosk to renew?
You can renew at a kiosk up to three months early. A late fee may be added if your registration has expired.
- What types of license plates can be renewed at a kiosk?
A kiosk can be used to renew personal automobiles, pickup trucks, motorcycles, utility trailers, and camper trailers. It will NOT renew a mobile home or vessel/boat. Vehicle registrations that don’t have insurance, driver license, or toll suspensions are eligible for kiosk renewal as are vehicle registrations that don’t require a new license plate to be issued. You cannot renew using the kiosk if your license plate is being replaced.
- What do I do if proof of auto insurance is needed?
You will not be able to renew at the kiosk if proof of auto insurance is needed. Please wait 2-4 days after updating your auto insurance before attempting to renew at the kiosk. This allows time for the statewide vehicle registration to received updated information from your insurance provider. The kiosk is unable to accept paper proof. Check your renewal notice to see if proof of insurance is needed. You may have to bring your proof of insurance to a Tax Collector office near you. Please keep in mind, an appointment is required.
- Can the kiosk process other transactions?
No, the kiosk will only process a registration renewal. It cannot provide replacements or change the name or address on your motor
vehicle registration. Please make an appointment at the Tax Collector’s office for this service.
- Who do I contact with questions about my renewal transaction through the kiosk?
Please call the kiosk vendor, ITI Solutions, at 866-955-5258.
- Who do I contact with questions relating to my motor vehicle registration that is not able to be renewed at a kiosk?
Contact our customer service center at 727-464-7777.