Pinellas County Tax Collector Skyway Office Reopening
PINELLAS COUNTY, FL – Pinellas County Tax Collector Charles W. Thomas announces he is reopening another location. Beginning Monday, June 15, the Skyway Office located at 1067 62nd Ave S in St. Petersburg, will start serving Pinellas County residents by appointment only.
This is another step in a multi-phased business continuity plan focusing on the health and safety of customers and employees while following CDC guidelines and considering the needs of our community.
Including the Skyway Office, there are now five locations processing in-person transactions. Limited services are available to Pinellas County residents at the North County, Gulf to Bay, and Mid County offices by appointment only. Appointments are not required at the Main Administrative office for customers wanting to pay property taxes. Customers are encouraged to process transactions online or by mail when possible.
To help ensure the health and safety of everyone, various protective measures are in place and social distancing guidelines must be adhered to. When arriving for an appointment, customers should be aware of the following:
- Only the customer doing business with the Tax Collector’s Office will be permitted in the building.
- Lobbies will be open to a limited number of customers and the 6 ft social distancing guideline must be adhered to.
- Prior to entering the facility, customers will be asked a series of health questions and anyone experiencing a fever will not be permitted to enter.
Vehicle, vessel, and mobile home registration renewals, property tax payments, and disabled parking placard applications must be processed in the following manner:
- Registrations can be renewed online, by phone, through the mail, or placed in a drop box.
- Property tax payments can be made online, by phone, through the mail, or placed in a drop box. In-person property tax payments can be made at the Main Administrative office only, appointments are not required.
- Disabled parking placard applications must go through the mail or be placed in a drop box for processing.
Information regarding drop box locations can be found on our website at taxcollect.com/contact-us.
The offices hours are weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except on Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To make an appointment visit taxcollect.com. For questions, contact the Tax Collector’s Office at 727-464-7777, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 8 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or email us through our website.
# # #
ABOUT THE PINELLAS COUNTY TAX COLLECTOR’S OFFICE: The Pinellas County Tax Collector’s Office is a constitutionally elected office. Responsibilities include collecting and distributing state and local taxes and providing driver license and motor vehicle registration services to Pinellas County residents. For more information, visit taxcollect.com.